Bananas are a High Potassium Food
Potassium does lots of things, like:
- Help prevent High Blood Pressure (hypertension) and strokes,
- Helps the muscles work the way they should. Too little potassium can make the muscles weak,
- It also may lower chances of getting kidney stones
- Help prevent bone loss as you get older.
- Other good sources of potassium include potatoes, tomatoes, and green, leafy vegetables.
One of the scariest aspects of hypertension is that you may not know you have it. Most people get to know they have high blood pressure during a routine checkup.
It is important to check regularly if you have a close relative who has high blood pressure.
There are certain symptoms to look out for if your blood pressure is extremely high
- Severe headache
- Fatigue or confusion
- Vision problems
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blood in the urine
- Pounding in your chest, neck, or ears
In celebration of World Hypertension Day which is today (17th may), it is important to educated and increase the awareness of hypertension which is commonly called High Blood Pressure.
What is Hypertension?
Hypertension is a common health problem throughout the world, it leads to various complications (such as heart disease, stroke, Kidney disease, eye disease etc.), As hypertension is a common health problem, it is only natural that many people will have various questions regarding the disease, which is leading cause of death。
In the next few week we will get answers to some of the questions on hypertension and we can share these information with others…….
Continue reading “Hypertension”